Enrolment at the College is subject to the following terms and conditions:
- The parents have read the Statement of Faith; accept that it is the basis of Christian teaching in the College and undertake to support fully this aspect of the school’s policy.
- The student will participate fully in the life and program of the College, such as the devotional activities, Biblical Studies, excursions/camps and attendance at Presentation Day and other similar events. The parents will support fully the students and the College in all activities.
- The parents accept the right of the College to employ such discipline as it deems wise and expedient for the student and agree to uphold in every way possible the school’s authority to administer appropriate discipline, in accordance with the policies of the school.
- The parents agree to abide by the College policy on all forms of drugs (including alcohol) and cigarette smoking and agree not to supply or support any forms of drugs, alcohol or cigarettes to any student under the age of 18 years or whilst they are enrolled at Norwest Christian College.
- The parents undertake to provide the student with correct uniform as approved by the College, and to ensure that the student is always sent to school neatly and modestly dressed in the required uniform.
- The parents undertake to support the concept of a Christian community school by being involved in working bees, the Parents’ and Friends’ Association and/or Teacher/Library assistance. The parents understand that they are expected to complete four hours voluntary work in the school per term. If they are unable to do so, a Parent Participation Levy is applicable.
- The parents undertake to provide the student with all necessary books and other equipment of a personal nature that are required at College.
- The parents accept that the College sets the fee schedule and all charges and conditions.
- The application fee is to be paid before the child commences attendance at the College to confirm acceptance of a place, which has been offered by the Board to the parent.
- The $500 application fee is payable when a family enrols their first child in the College. This fee is non-refundable, however, upon the commencement of the first child in Primary or Secondary years, $250 will be credited to the family fee account.
- Fees for K-12 are billed annually at the commencement of each school year and should be paid in accordance with an approved payment plan. All fees paid are non-refundable. Any late payment can attract a late fee as published in the Fee Schedule.
- The College may suspend or terminate enrolment at its discretion for failure to comply with these conditions or any other serious or consistent breach of the College’s rules and regulations.
- On termination of enrolment, any adjustment to fees already paid shall be made at the sole discretion of the College.
- The parents have read the information provided by the College and agree to abide by and wholly support the contents therein.
- The College may review a student’s enrolment from time to time and may cancel the enrolment if the College, in its absolute discretion, considers it can no longer appropriately meet the student’s educational or other needs.
- Whilst the College will endeavour to ensure any court order or similar is upheld, it cannot accept any responsibility for failure to do so.
- The curriculum of the College is constantly changing. Whilst the basic curriculum will remain, the College cannot guarantee that all courses and activities will continue in future years.
- If a student is absent from College for whatever reason, it is the parent’s responsibility to inform the College as soon as possible by telephone, personal advice at the school’s reception or by written and signed note. Please note that email is not acceptable.
- Students are responsible for their personal belongings and the College will not be liable for any loss of these belongings.
- The Board may alter these Conditions of Enrolment at any time by notifying parents/guardians in writing. Alterations will apply from the date of the notice.
- Where the College considers that it may not be able to appropriately meet a student’s educational or other needs where applicable, the parents of the child may wish to offer to make a further payment to enable those needs to be met.
- The College will from time to time take photos and videos of children partaking in College activities. These images may be used by the College for promotional purposes.
- The parents have read and accept the College’s policy regarding the Privacy Act.
- Students withdrawing:
- Before Commencement
The non-refundable application fee of $500 will be retained by the College.
- After Commencement
Parents must give at least a full school term’s notice, in writing, for withdrawal of each student enrolled in the Primary or Secondary years. Failure to do so will mean the payment of a full term’s fees; this applies to each student in the family who leaves in lieu of notice.
- All children enrolling in Pre-School or Preparatory Class must be fully independently toilet trained prior to commencing at the College.